Yesterday, I went to IKEA and saw a group of four people I all know. Before that, I had been to Ric's Kountry Kitchen for breakfast and saw a coworker. This morning I ran into someone else while running an errand. Rarely does it happen when I go out and don't see someone I know. I am actually shocked when I don't. What this also means is that when you meet new people here you usually know a mutual person or a friend of a friend. Try dating in this small sea.
There are several expat groups here in Qatar and I am active in a few. The idea was to make new friends and do activities in Doha. As you can imagine these groups are popular with the single crowd. Not long after I arrived, I met someone through one of these expat groups. We went out a few times and then he just disappeared. Well you would normally assume, no big deal and move on. Not so! I kept running into him at other activities. As I grew my group of friends, they all seemed to be friends with him. While other issues have arisen from this the main point of this is that Doha is small and you have to be careful who you go out with and how you handle that relationship when it ends. My friends are all now aware that this guy is not a guy to date. My friends have warned me about men they have gone out with. They aren't all bad guys of course, but we all talk. This is also a two way street and women need to keep this in mind as well. My advice would be to not date your friends or within your group of friends here. Also, if it doesn't go the way you want, be a grown up and end it on a positive note.
No comments:
Post a Comment